Monday, July 19, 2010

sizzling tofu

Since i got my hot plate, i've been so eager to make my sizzling tofu :-) i even bought the soya beans to make the tofu before i got the plate! hahahah!!! so finally after oiling the pan for 2 days, i was able to eat my tofu today :-)


my hot plate - seems darker now...


oiled with Naturel sunflower & canola oil



bake it for 1 hour :-0


the oil turned "plastic like" but the surface is super smooth :-)



no wonder they say DO NOT USE VEGE OIL :( i din know mummy kept lard from bacon drippings, else i would use that :( all the articles i read use lard... shit la, but anyhow, the plastic like thing can peel off easily, lol


my homemade beancurd


after frying


i put chicken, mushrooms, garlic, carrots & pickled radish cubes into the gravy :-) o ya dash of wine & 2 chili padi


i placed it in a pot... mana tau Big D take so long in the garden... the thing cool down liao...


i heated uo my plate after 1 hour... smoke came out!


i put egg 1st, then the tofu & poured over the gravy


it sizzled only when the gravy was poured ;-) nice sounds!


however, i guess cos my gravy was cooled already, the sizzle effect wasn't so great :(


i passed my camera to Big D ask him take pics of the initial sizzle, but he just stare at it, hai!


no more sizzle :( garnish it... next time, heat pan longer & use hot (or warm) gravy!


after makan, dry it over fire & reseason with LARD! i know, yuck, but at least no "plastic surface" & my plate is now black, like how it should be...


o ya! i got this in the mail today :-) i kinda forgot bout it, haha


from sample2you.com


lol, i got RM1!!! it came with this letter but i put it in my wallet immediately, so no RM1 pic.

i signed up for samples online last week & i got this today, really fast! all i did was sign up & answer 1 question, i did not expect to get it at all, hahha, so cool la :)

No comments: