Wednesday, July 1, 2009

vacancies in the animal kingdom

If you follow my blog, you'd know i'm looking for a job. I've been for 4 interviews so far... the 1st was to be a teacher... still KIV cos the program only starts in august. 2nd was sales exec... quite ok, if i like sales that is. I HATE sales & commission based jobs cos i know i won't make a sale & i'm too lazy & pai-seh to go around ask ppl to "buy my product!!!" Somemore everyday kena go out... out=sun=hot=sweaty=stinky=uncomfy=NO! So i gave it a pass.

Then the 3rd job... haha, ad agency kononnya... they don't even have the usual departments of an ad agency... read the following : (big thanks to http://www.blurtit.com/q912839.html)

"An advertising agency has a very different structure from that of a regular organization. On a general front, an advertising agency contains five departments namely the account management department, the account planning (strategy) department, the internal services department (inclusive of the traffic department, the creative department, the print production department, the human resources department and the finance department) and the media-planning department."

However, vacancies were for Marketing exec, advertising exec, management trainee, receptionist & sales exec. now... where would these ppl fit in at the ad agency??? somemore, the signboard say it's DIRECT MARKETING!!!

oki, nvm... since we're already there, let's just go in & see what they have to offer. I applied for marketing anyway... Interviewer introduced himself as Barney & this came to mind : (NOTE - photos adapted from http://www.flickr.com/ credits to flickr)


my fav dinosaur!!!!


only thing is he isn't! face-to-face marketing is his speciality... not anything i learned in UTAR. (i minored in advertising). Face-to-face = direct selling! I hate those ppl! whenever they come pester me i shut off my doorbell & pretend i'm not home! if they're unlucky, i mock them. Me doing that??? then dun wanna tell me how much i'll be getting lagi... no PAF lagi... bodoh! then say i kena spend 1 day following his staff around to do "marketing". stupid idiot! marketing is the 4Ps! where got anything to do with going out to convince ppl to buy stuff???? dun even know what the Product is ok...

Then when say i kena follow his staff, no allowance lagi - free labour!! where can????

Big D say he thinks he's hosting a reality show. Then this came to mind...


He thinks he has a Barney & friends reality show...


So anyway, Big D said i dun have to go & i can tell him that LB or Burson Mastellar offered me a job :-)

Then "some other place" advertised for Customer Care Executice/Supervisor... STPM & Diploma required. So it seemed ok, an established org in malacca. Apply lo :-) call for interview. Big D was pleased & mummy say that donkey Rampal (somebody she knows la) works there & is earning RM1800 without even being sure if she has SPM. So sounded good...

D day came. Ask me to go at 2pm. Call this number when u arrive, said Ms Sa-ren (傻人). When i arrived slightly before 2, i called the number lo... I got this reply "Er... Sa-ren MC la!" cilaka babi betul... So Nvm, HR got other ppl running the show... this fella called Ms Pig gave me a form to fill in... SOP so ok lo, i isi borang, something i suck at (hey, even bank slips i get the counter ppl to fill in for me k...). After isi d, i had to call her lagi to give her my form... then she asked me to write an essay ok!!!! Siao ar???? i not applying to be english lecturer lei! babi betul... Nvm lo... write lo... after all, crapping is my speciality & essay writing is a breeze for me...

Then after calling her for the second time, kena wait so long... kan pig jalan lambat de... she told me my interview is at 3.30pm!!! what the hell??? then why ask me to come at 2???? Ms Pig reply : to fill up the form. HELLo!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm not stupid ok!!!! which idiot takes ONE & A HALF hours to fill up 1 form???

cilaka betul... so wait lo, what to do... kena cut short my shopping time lagi. babi. Then finally i was allowed to be interviewed. There were 3 ppl there. One is donkey rampal, another is HR Pig & the last is Monkey from claims dept.

Donkey Rampal



Monkey Claims



HR Pig


HR pig browsed through my impressive certificate folder. took super long, sure la, cos i got she dun have ma... sure she so impressed that my STPM take 4 subjects but sijil only print out 3 hahahahah!!!!!!!!!!

Then Monkey started "talking"... Insurance claim coordinator cum receptionist cum registrar cum doc chaser. Chase rich doc to marry me can la, but chase him to fill in form??? fill in form for patients??? siao ar! i don't even do my own forms!

Then Donkey started making noise... Customer care is basically GRO. Smile at door, go airport to ask ppl if they wanna go to our company, go jetty do the same. fill up surveys & be annoying. I like being annoying but i don't like helping ppl to annoy me!

then i was so confused. Executive do this work kah??? they were like "no, coordinator & officer is what we're looking for".

Me :"then why did u advertise for exec when the post is not vacant?'
monkey & donkey :" HRHRHRHRHRHRHRRHR!!!! blame ms pig!!!"

ok lo, nvm... what's the salary like? none of the wild animals there were able to anwer me, even when i asked for just an estimate! My expected salary i put RM2200. They said it's unrealistic!!! eh, i already kuarang from RM2500 lei! Aim high ma... still negotiable wat...

Donkey : it's too high, it's unrealistic.
Monkey : ya, in melaka market, there is no such thing!
Princess : I beg to differ. I was offered a job at RM1950+++++ but i turned it down. You say unrealistic?
Donkey : But U don't have the experience.
Princess : No ExperiencE???
Monkey : it's all just part time.
Princess : that's because i was studying. If i had been there full time, i would've been promoted even before my 1st year ended.
Donkey : but it's different!
Princess : how is customer care different??? I've not only been is F&B, i've been in Marcomm as well ok.
Donkey : no no it's different! hotel no customers...
Princess : Hospitality industry no customers? die la like that.
Monkey : you have the qualification but no experience...
we need qualification to be GRO??? that's new.

When a dog barks, don't bark back. beat it instead! haha... cut a long story short. they can't even offer me RM1000... better i be a GSO in RMH ok... then after coming home, i realised why it is "unrealistic" to ask for RM2200. Cos Donkey's only earning RM1800. Sad sad her. She says i need 8 years experience to be an executive... O wow... I feel so insulted. management sent these low ranking officers to interview me. I'm more educated than them lagi... they dunno what they're taliking about... Somemore mummy says that rampal donkey is a lazy ass... I should be their boss ok!

So still jobless... but i have part time work tomorrow in RMH :-) my boss even coming to pick me up ok! so nice of him...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We’ve a bit of difficulty to subscribe the rss, in any event I’ve book marked this great site, is quite useful plus filled with informations.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this, it was quite helpful and told a lot.

Anonymous said...

This really solved my problem, thank you!.