Wednesday, August 26, 2009

lazy ppl's stew

while i was at juso yesterday purchasing my new baby, mummy tricked me into cooking dinner!!!! as usual... she will find some thing to ugut me. it was a bag of carrots yesterday. it went like this -

MumZilla : Twerp...
PrinCess .: Mummy, I wanna buy a bag of carrots...
MumZilla : I already have a bag at home! I told u d wat, unopened somemore.
PrinCess .: But I wanna make juice... & Cellery juice with the left over -
MumZilla : Ya ya ya!!! make stew with the cellery!!! when u can make? tonite ok!
..........................for dinner!!!
PrinCess .: Huh? dinner ar?? tomorrow la...
MumZilla : No la no la, make tonite. Sure got time. TONITE!!!!
PrinCess .: huuuuuuh... :( ok lo... {then i cannot play Mafia Wars :(}
MumZilla : (heheheeheh i can sleep & no need cook!!!) ok, u can grab a bag of carrots.


So we went home after buying my bag of carrots which i have yet to juice, 2 tomatoes & my pretty bag :) Once home, mummy took out 2 chunks of beef & asked me to get cracking. My Mafia... sigh...

So i microwaved the beef to thaw it & chopped up the veges & threw everything into the slow cooker. mana tau the slow cooker so tiny...



I haven't even added the onions, garlic & potatoes!!!


this is not the 1st time this happened... last time it happened, mymmy said she was gonna get a 5.5 liter new slow cooker. until now, we still only own a 6 liter one (6 liters meaning we have 2 3 liter earthen inserts for 1 slow cooker!!!)




so i transfered it all to the 3.8 liter multi cooker.


it's a good thing i did cos with the multi cooker, i was able to control the temperatur & bring the stew to a boil really quick then bring down the temperature to put it at a constant simmer (140 *C). with the slow cooker however, it'll be slow (duuhhhh)

I made a pot of dilmah morrocan mint :)


picked some herbs from the organic farm - basil, sage & oregano.


chop the herbs, not too fine... used to use dried herbs but now we have fresh ones :) with fresh herbs, we can add as much as we want & the smell won't be overpowering nor will there be a bitter taste.

Big D can't wait!


the stew.


we had it with bread & pepper :)


my stew :)


my stew & raisin bread ^_^v


this is the real super easy lazy ppl's stew. I've made some Flemish ones which require frying, coating & a lot more work, maybe next time...

No comments: